Question on Lymphotropic virus

Lymph Node Infarction, Diabetes, Prader Willi Syndrome, Buerger's Disease, Clark's Syndrome, Axillary Web Syndrome, Post Thrombotic Syndrome, Sed Rate, Chronic Myofascial Pain, Kawasaki Disease, Duncan's Syndrome, pulmonary edema, thoracentesis, pleurodesis, lung fluid, Lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM), Restless Leg Syndrome, Inflammation, Lipomas, Crohn's Disease, Panniculitis, Hidradenitis Suppurativa, Phelan-McDermid Syndrome - 22q13 deletion, lymphoproliferative disorders, blood tests. amniotic band syndrome, nerve damage, hives, leg edema, omphalocele, Podoconiosis

Moderators: Birdwatcher, jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Senior Moderators

Question on Lymphotropic virus

Postby joyous » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:57 am

8) Pat,

:roll: this is joy - your old family member - :)how have you been? long time no talk to - but I keep thinking about you

Do you know about the virus of lymphotropic - what can you tell me about it -

that is what I think gave me lymphedema - but not sure - just trying to get my health in check

hope to hear from you soon

hello family

Joyous
joyous

Re: Question on Lymphotropic virus

Postby patoco » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:38 pm

Hi Ya Smiler :D

Wow....I had to double check on this one.

The lymphotropic viruses I'm familiar with are simply called Types l, Type 2 and Type 3. Type 1 & 2 also called HTLV-1 and HTLV-ll are implicated T-cell leukemia and T cell lymphoma.

The other would be Type lll, which is indicative of acquired immune deficiency syndrome.

What makes you think this is causing the lymphedema? have you ever had either the leukemia or lymphoma?

Pat :wink:
patoco
Site Admin

Postby joyous » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:57 pm

Pat you remember my name you use to call me - I am so happy now - :lol: Papa Bear :lol:

when I got my hip done I gave my own blood and the red cross told me I have this virus - so I was wondering if thats how I got lymphedema - could it be

I trying to get my papers in order - cause my son does not speak to me so I have to give everything to my brother just in case something happens to me.

so how have you been - what have you been up too

smiler - joyous66
joyous

Postby patoco » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:09 pm

LOL....I could never forget my smiler. I can even see Silkie up there just a smilin' at us too.

From the research I did on viruses and LE, it probably is the other way around. The immunocompmromised condition of our legs or arms creates at opportunity for these viruses to invade. Please keep careful check for any bruises that don't go away, wounds that don't heal - anything that seems odd like that.

For example, one virus that seems to hit us is the Epstein-Barr virus. That virus too has been solidly linked to lymphomas.

I was so dissapointed after having lymphoma. The Red Cross said I could never give blood again because of it and I had been a regular donor all my adult life.

I'm still truckin'...although a lot lot slower.

Last year I simply could not work any more and went on disability. it also wasn't safe for me to be living alone, so my daughter Emily and her husband Shaun wanted me to move in with them.

They have a basement that has one side totally out of the ground with it's own door and a wonderful window that overlooks our pond. I really enjoy being here - not to mention tht fact that I get to see my grandson everyday now :D :D .

Recently they found a sizable mass in the upper abdomen - in the liver/gall bladder region, so I'm waiting to see how we are going to handle this.

I also have a little container garden with lots of cukes, tomatoes, pole beans, zuchini and stuff. It's a postage size garden, but everything is just flowing over with goodies :lol:

Love and hugs to ya! :!: :!: :!:

Pat (papa bear) 8)
patoco
Site Admin

Postby joyous » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:21 pm

Papa Bear (Pat)- I got the virus (9/2000) before I got Lymphedema - (7/2004) its very confusing to me

I have to watch out for bruises that don't go away, wounds that don't heal - anything that seems odd like that. I have diabetes also so I do have to check for that stuff also

Thanks for all your help

smiler (joyous)
joyous

Postby patoco » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:37 pm

Hi Ya Smiler

When the Red Cross said you had this virus, was this confirmed by a doctor? If it hasn't I would definately get a second opinion from a doctor. The only way I know of that this virus impaired your lymph system would have been if it had caused a malignancy.

I looked everywhere and just could find any verification at all that it, in and of itself would cause LE.

Interesting.

Big hug to ya

Pat (papa bear)
patoco
Site Admin

Postby joyous » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:19 am

Thank you papa bear - have a great weekend - hope to talk to you soon :mrgreen:
joyous

Return to Related Medical Conditions