Please read if you're on meds

swollen back, rash, Lymph node fibrosclerosis, Immunodificient Limb, DVT, venous insufficiency, inflammation, inflammatory response, bone fractures

Moderators: Birdwatcher, jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Senior Moderators

Please read if you're on meds

Postby mama » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:15 pm

Hi everyone!
Not sure if this is being posted in the right place. (Pat, pass it on if you feel it will be viewed in a better place.) This is a warning to anyone who is taking certain meds for LE. My husband has had a roller coaster of a ride with breathing problems since Christmas. We thought it was lymph fluid around the lungs. Then he lost a ton of fluid and the same thing happened again. We pin-pointed the cause: Methadone. :evil: His dr. prescribed it to help with the pain. Josh is also on Xanax and Zoloft for anxiety and problems sleeping. What people are now learning is that those are reacting with one another and causing decreased oxygen, even death. (Followed the Anna Nicole Smith story lately?) The biggest symptom is increased drowsiness. If any of you are on this combination (and may be from the symptoms of lymphedema) please pay close attention to how you're feeling, even days after taking them!
~Stacy
mama

Postby patoco » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:19 pm

Hi Ya Stacy :)

Thanks soooooooooooooo much for your word of caution :!: :!:

It is especially important considering what we have winessed on the news this past couple years.

They are prescribing drugs...people take them...then are dying of complications directly caused by the drugs.

It is outrageous that the FDA does such a horrible job at protecting the American public.

After this recent episode I had with explosive lymphedema, I now am on some medicines I haven't been on before...and I can tell you not only have I research the *&*$#* out of them, but am watching for any unsual
side effect.

Pat O
patoco
Site Admin

Return to Complications of Lymphedema